You had me at avocado! I love soup. And I’m always looking for quick, go-to recipes. If you keep the shredded chicken in the freezer, it’s easy to throw this soup together!
CHICKEN AND AVOCADO SOUP
- 2 Organic, Free Range Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Ground Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 green onions
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- 1-15 oz. can organic diced tomato's
- 45 oz. Organic, free range chicken broth
- Pinch of cumin
- 2 avocados
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Season both sides of the chicken with garlic powder, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook chicken for 25 minutes or until done.
3. Shred chicken. I find it easiest to do when it's warm, with two forks. Set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in stock pot until hot.
5. Add the chopped onions and garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes
6. Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth and cumin.
7. Stir and bring to to a boil. Return to simmer.
8. In each individual bowl add the chicken, avocado, and cilantro. Ladle the chicken broth on top and serve.
9. Don’t forget to squeeze a lime wedge into your soup bowl. It makes the soup!
Adapted from Skinnytaste and I suggest a glass of wine from deLancellotti Family VIneyards on the side!